Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Gums in her hair

The girl had came back from a shopping trip with my cousins insisted on taking a bath immediately rather than join us at my aunt's house to play with her baby cousin. I found it strange that she would want to bathe on her own. Usually I had to remind, scold, scream..... before she would want to bathe. But I didn't think much about it.
So girl went in the bathroom with maid. Then maid exit minutes later. Then girl's head pop out of the bathroom asking the dad to go in. Ed went in and came out immediately, exasperated, came to me:" Your girl has got chewing gum stuck all over her hair."
My cousin had given her chewing gum on the way back in the car. Girl ate, and upon reaching home, couldn't find a place to throw away. Scare to let me know that she ate chewing gum, girl tried to hide her gum behind her right ear. (She learnt this great idea from some character in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Movie. That person was on a record setting feat to chew gum for the longest period of time. But whenever she needs to speak/eat, the gum must be taken out and that's when she will stuck it behind her ear).
Some hair got stuck in the gum of course. Still scare to tell me, asked maid to help. Idiotic maid aggravated the situation. Scolded both kid and maid. Goggled for solution, ie either use ice or oil. I choose oil, seems like a faster way. Thankfully it worked. Gum came off easily when I rub large amount of cooking oil on her affected hair.

No comments: