Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Feeling bitter

Got tricked by some 17 year olds today.

Me: Where is your friend? Why is he not here today?
Guy 1: He died already.
Me: He is your good friend, you shouldn't curse him.
Guy 2: ok, ok, he went to the dentist.
Me (don't recall seeing any dentist in the school today): He went to the dentist in school or outside?
Girl (sniggering): you really believe he went to the dentist? bluff you one lar.
And all 3 laugh out loudly.

I have spent 3 whole years of my life with them, nurturing and educating them. This is a group of teenagers whom I've grown to love and trust. I don't understand why they need to trick me this way. Do i look so gullible to them? Or am I wrong to trust them? I told them straight in the face that I am disappointed that they made a joke out of this. I asked the girl that if I don't trust them, am I suppose to be on my guard all the time, and to question every word they say? I can't live this way.

It feels so awful to be tricked and laughed at by people whom I have loved and trusted. And I am crying as I blog this.

2 comments:

M said...

17yr olds' idea of a joke. Wah ur whatever JABS must be working on ur hormones, first sit wrong bus, and now hormonal leh. Since when u ever get LOST? :P

Or we r both getting afflicted by the same mooood swings...

LarocaTales said...

I am never lost at the wheels. But if bus driver driving, then it's not my fault. ha ha