Thursday, March 27, 2008

2 graduations in a night



QY graduated from Tiny Notes course at Yamaha. 22 lessons with a teacher named Miss Liu. Only when we proceed to the next level with another teacher that we realised how wonderful Miss Liu was. She is so patient, sweet and charming to the kids. QY definitely prefers her to the current teacher. Miss Liu's schedule is full and she can't take any more students. :(
After her graduation performance at Marine Parade, I rushed off to Pasir Ris to attend a second graduation of the night. A special 3Day course on Motivation ends that night and I was invited to attend the closing ceremony cum graduation by some of the participants there. What does their graduation have to do with me?
Well, part of the motivation process is to know who REALLY cares and love oneself. And one will be motivated to do something for that person who really cares so as not to break that person's heart. The facilitator relates a 40mins long sorrowful story of a part of his life when he didn't appreciate someone who cared. Now he regrets it like mad cos the person is dead. Moral of the story: We should all show our appreciate to those who care about us TODAY with a big hug. His story got everyone teary, weeping and thinking about who they had taken for granted. I was invited to this as I am one of those caring people around who are constantly taken for granted. I received more than 40 hugs at the ceremony.
Post-ceremony evaluation: The motivation vibes last for a while and they were to a large extent, motivated for about a week. But beyond that, the magic fizzies off and they are back to their old self.
But the secret is, I have attended this course 3 times before and know this was going to happen. So while they were still under the appreciative spell, I did all my emotional blackmailing and got everything that I asked for. *evil grin*

No comments: