Monday, February 4, 2008

Hormone Inbalance

Was taking medication for the entire month of January to correct a hormone inbalance which was giving me a terrible time. I had prolonged, heavy menses flow for more than 2 weeks. It was plain hell. Everyday i was worried about leakage and staining my clothes and bedsheets. Non-stop bleeding was making me wozzy, giddy and weak. I felt so sickly.
Gynae checked and diagnose hormone inbalance. At least it wasn't something more serious or incurable like cancer or something. She put me on the hormone pills, suppose to take it for at least 3 weeks to have effect. I took it for 3 weeks and 2 days. I do not know how the pills work. But somehow i think it succeeded in getting 50% of my mind to think, "don't have menses, don't have menses", while another 50% of my mind still think, "have menses, have menses". End up, my menses stopped, but I still suffer from all PMS possible... backache, bloated tummy, giddy spells, headaches, nausea. My greatest consolation to all these suffering lies in something my gynae says, "the pills will correct the messy hormones so well that many women (with hormone related infertility) get pregnant the month after they go off the medication." I hope I have such luck.
Hormone inbalance was suppose to be stress induced. I didn't think my work was stressing me out. After all, I have just returned from a long break. I should be recharged and ready for the challenges at work. Besides, I thought my workload was manageable and I am quite happy with several of the projects that I have been assigned to. Maybe the source of my stress is not the company, but home. Financial situation at home has not been good and I am constantly worried about money. Kid has been demanding and difficult to handle. Helper is yet another set of problems. I feel tired and down constantly.
I am determined to get my life back. Already gave up massage and some of my grooming expenses when finances got tight. Now can only exercise and lose some weight, rest of the beauty regime must DIY. But I am determined to get my confidence and happiness life back.

No comments: