Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Misa the Husky

My cousin YH was given a 3 wk old husky pup. His mom, my aunt was strongly against keeping such a big animal in their newly renovated 5-rm apartment. The puppy is still small now, but we all know that she will grow up to be very big.
YH named the pup Misa, after some bimbo character in a movie he recently watched. For a dog so big, regal and thoroughbred, we found the name rather misfitting. But it's HIS dog, so we went along with Misa. YH took care of the pup singlehandedly in the first 3 days, which include feeding her milk from a bottle every 2 hours, cleaning up pee and poo, washing her, playing with her etc. Misa is really adorable and lovable. After all, all things small are beautiful. We all loved her, Qy too! She asked to go play with Misa everyday. Good thing my aunt stays just upstairs, so Qy only need someone to bring her up in the lift.
After the initial 3 days, YH realised the difficulties of keeping a dog and sort of gave up. He left all his responsbilities to the maid. Poor maid's life now is like confinement, and Misa is her newborn baby. She is stuck at home everyday, attending to her baby. It's a sorry sight, Misa can pee and poo 5-6 times in a hour! Hard on the maid but we selfishly hope they keep the dog cos she is all so furry and soft to stroke and fun to play with.
For my brother and I, there is another motive. JT and I LOVE dogs, we had been pestering our parents to let us have one since the day we can speak. My mom was adament against having a dog, or just anything furry as a matter of fact. She issued us the ultimatum: Choose between her or dog. If we choose dog, my mom will leave. haha, sounds childish... i mean my mom, not us. But I can understand why. It's the only way to prevent her two persistent kids from taking matters in their own hands and bringing back a dog without permission. The closest I ever got to owning a dog was to adopt my best friend's spitz as my god-dog.
It's better with Misa, almost like a dream comes true. So ideal; the convenience of having a dog to cuddle and play with anytime, minus the problems that comes with the dog; hair flying around the house, dog's stench, grooming expenses. My brother's wife was even contemplating shifting from Redhill to stay with my mom so that she can have quicker access to the dog.
Anyway other than my aunt + my mom + an uncle (their brother) + my grandmother (their mom)... basically those whose surname is TAN are cracking their brains to get rid of the dog, the rest of us (13 cousins + respective partners + Qy) pray for the dog to stay.

No comments: